Saturday, June 06, 2009

houses i mean rooftops

I really should learn my lesson by now and give my prints the simplest name possible. I know that I'm going to end up calling my new 'rooftops' print 'houses' like I do with my other prints. Thankfully Bee is often on standby to correct me.

Anyway, it's not quite up in the shop yet, but here's some progress shots of the new rooftops print:

houses original tile sketch
First, the original sketch (with shadow of the halfdrop repeat to see how it interlocks)

printing rooftops
Then, printing! This is looking down at the screen as it sits on the fabric. Mmmm a lovely deep red on organic cotton/hemp.

rooftops - freshly printed
Et voila - printed rooftops stretching into the distance.

We've also printed it in a lovely white on natural - mmmmm.

I'll put it up in the shop after the Melbourne Design Market. Which I should probably have mentioned earlier. Yep we'll be at the MDM yet again this year! On June 14th (next Sunday) at Fed Square as usual. Hope to see you there!

10 comments:

Penny said...

Ooh it looks great! And yay Fed Square market. Hurrah!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

It looks great! Might need to snag me some of this.

Margaret said...

Oh! Very nice, what weighting of fabric are you screen printing on?

Yana said...

beautiful fabric! love the red!!

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Lovely as always, miss Lara! It looks fantastic printed. I'm so excited for you! I might have to come shopping again soon... I can see that as a notebook cover, a passport cover, a wallet... xx

Jacinta said...

Definitely looks fab. :)

Danielle said...

It's really gorgeous Lara :) Love it! The white on natural colourway sounds stunning...

Heids said...

LOVE it...can't wait to see it in the shop - and get me some!!

Bri said...

That's great! I've always wanted to screenprint on fabric. Love the little houses.

duet letterpress said...

ohh! i love this print.