Monday, April 14, 2008

Bamakko exhibition

This weekend has been somewhat of a crafty marathon for me. I decided last minute to contribute some works to the Bamakko 'Screened' exhibition. Bamakko is a local shop run by another crafty man who makes bags and things, and he's been having themed exhibitions for the last few months. This coming one is focussed on all things screen printed, and myself, Bianca and Anna Laura are all submitting bits and pieces.

Along with my Sia's Village print, I'm going to submit these gocco printed Moleskine notebooks (thanks to Paola for planting the seed of that idea!):





It's not confirmed yet, but hopefully he'll also take some of these cushions (if they don't take up too much room). Thought I should actually submit something fabric based!





Okay, I need to go flop on the couch and do some serious relaxing...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the journals. and i hope the flopping is going well!

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

You may have to give me some cushion making tips. mine always turn out a bit deformed and on the lumpy side!! Yours look wonderfully comfy. Cheers Cinti

paolability said...

Whoa, I didn't even recognise those as moleskine notebooks from your photo. They're great!

Concha said...

I use those Moleskine notebooks everyday and yours look much nicer! Everything you do tends to look great, have you noticed? ;)

Anna said...

the moleskine books are a GREAT idea- esp. for those with an addiction to them!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks super great - so much energy. Where do you find the time. I started a couple of projects on the weekend and was overwhelmed by where they were all going. They're now UFOs - UnFinished Objects. A little bit each day. That's what I tell myself.

Penny said...

Love the notebooks - I'm a big fan of my moleskine!

Anonymous said...

Umm, if he doesn't take the cushions for the exhibit (yeah, right!) send them my way. They are gorgeous!

Danielle said...

LOVE the notebooks, they look brilliant!

Tali said...

oh my god, those gocco printed moleskins are GREAAAT! drool drool...

Amy Kerr-Menz said...

So very very lovely...all of it!! The moleskine notebooks look great! I hope your relaxing is going superbly well x.

Shirley said...

once i get my hands on a gocco (thank goodness paper source sells them for about the same price as on etsy and free shipping) or on a regular screen printing kit, i'm gonna do some screen printing on moleskine books too. it's a lovely idea!

btw - i'm having a giveaway on my blog until the end of the week. spread the news around.

:)

Marichelle said...

I obviously either been stuck under a huge rock or living on a different planet because I just stumbled upon your blog and designs while doing a search for gocco tutorials. Your work is beautiful, I'm madly in love with your moleskines. -Marichelle

tiel said...

the moleskins are great lara